1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why was my review removed?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I posted a somewhat negative review of an apartment complex I lived in, and the remove stayed up for about 10 days or so but now I see it is gone.  I think Google owes it to the poster to at least inform them of why they remove it, instead of sneakily doing so.  Since the review remained up for almost 2 weeks how would I know it eventually got taken down?

I used no bad language or anything.  I just mentioned how one reason they get so many positive reviews and refer people who do complain to the other positive reviews on here (and apartmentratings.com) is that they bribe their tenants to write good reviews in order to get a discount on their rent.  It's right there in the paperwork when they give you the lease.  Now that my review is gone it looks like only positive reviews on there.

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Why was my review removed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Canelao

There are quite a few reasons why a review could be flagged.

Have you logged into your account >> the review section to see if there was a message? If you have a Google+ page they will flag the review in RED and ask that it be modified.

Some reasons that it may have been removed ( there are tons, but I have left in ones that might apply to you )

URLs in reviews
The same review appears elsewhere online 
The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates
The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name 
The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.

Do you perhaps have proof / copy of their review incentives ?  This would be a serious violation on there part.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I wrote a similar review on the other website (apartmentratings) because that is the other site aside from Google where they offer reduced rent to those who write positive reviews of them. But it surely was not the exact review. If that is the reason it was removed, they still should've informed me. And I checked my messages but got nothing from Google.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
In fact, I did not even write the other review from my Google account. I made the apartmetratings.com review with a n apartmentratings.com profile so you can't tell it is the same person as on here. The reviews are a bit different, so I really have no idea why the review was taken down. If someone here workd for Google reviews can't they look into it somehow? Doesn't seem like it. I should be able to contact Google's "review police" somehow.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Canelo,

I think this is you (https://plus.google.com/100835011809044720631/about). Can you go to Plus.Google.com and view your profile while logged in? Check your reviews tab and take a screenshot for us and paste it in here. You'll need to hit "Full Reply Editor" when you post your reply on here or you can't insert a picture.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The link you sent said 404 error, but I attached the screenshot of my profile which shows no reviews:

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Just so you know I did the Full Reply Editor and attached the photo but I don't really see it here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
My God this is difficult. You should be able to see from looking at my profile it says "No reviews published". So that proves my review has been removed. I looked at it 5 times last week when it was up.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Canelo A,

The URL I was trying to post is https://plus.google.com/100835011809044720631/about

I can't see any reviews on that profile if it is you. If Google filtered the reviews you can still see them when you are logged in and go to Google Plus :

1. Go to Plus.Google.com
2. Click Home on the left at the top and then click "Profile"
3. Click your reviews tab

Do a screenshot and post it here.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I tried the screenshot multiple times and it keeps not putting it. But you are correct, it shows no reviews on my profile. The fact is that I did write a review and now it is gone, I guess I'm not gonna get an explanation of why. The screenshot doesn't help anything, just shows no reviews for me. This is messed up. I'm gonna have to write the review again and have to hope it doesn't get taken down again.