AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why my google reviews are getting removed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margaret,

Maybe you can help me. The star reviews for my business have completely dissapeared from our page. We have never had this problem before. I can't seem to get an answer from google

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why my google reviews are getting removed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @dan f

Generally reviews are removed if Google sees indication of review spam, or the reviews violate the guidelines.  That is not an accusation of any wrongdoing on your part. 

If you haven't moved, or can't see anything from the following list, then add your business details and copies of a few of the reviews (you receive emails from Google advising of a new review), and I can investigate.

Following are a few factors that are likely to cause reviews to be removed:

* URLs (website addresses) in the body or name.
* The person who wrote the review is a manager of your page or works for you.
* The person wrote the review from the same device & IP address that you sign into to manage your local listing.
* The person wrote the review from the same device and IP address as other users who left you reviews.
* The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Example: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10).
* Your listing has received a lot of reviews within a short amount of time.
* The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them). If the reviews aren’t specific & unique to the location, they may be filtered. This can also happen if you have two pages for the same location (duplicate page/s).
* The reviews link you're providing customers pre-populates the review form in any way.
* The person reviewing you has a completely blank profile and has no activity on that profile before or after they left a review.
* You hired an agency to get reviews for you, and they're using methods against the guidelines.
* You have an onsite review station (iPad, computer etc) at your location.
* Offering incentives for people to write reviews.
* You moved. You can’t take it for granted that Google will transfer reviews when a business address changes. See more here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3098204

Google's review guidelines:  https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/#topic=7422769

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog