My Business
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Why is Google showing wrong number of reviews and rating?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just checked some of our SEO stats for a business I'm working with, and even though we have 16 5 star reviews in Google, and have that number accurately reflected in our schema data as well, Google is saying we only have 10 reviews and an average of 4 stars. ??? This is so strange. Any idea how to fix it? 

This is for Oregon Gutter Service
oregongutterservice.com/salem
Here's the Google page: https://www.google.com/search?ei=0zqoWrmrCcq70gTHrI6IAQ&q=rain+gutters+salem+oregon&oq=rain+gutters+...

One last thing - it's not picking up our description from the schema data or the customized description in the All in one SEO plugin. 

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
March

Re: Why is Google showing wrong number of reviews and rating?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi! I'm showing 15 reviews on your "Salem Oregon Gutter Service" (Adwords Local Advertisement) and 16 reviews on your "Salem Oregon Gutter Service" SMB listing. I don't believe adwords aggregates reviews as fast as the organic SMB results, and my hunch is your review by "Brad Burge" hasn't been picked up by Adwords yet as it's fairly fresh (less than 3 days old).

I'd give it at least a week and check the results again in a bit to see if they are 'N-Sync' :)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
March

Re: Why is Google showing wrong number of reviews and rating?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi! I'm showing 15 reviews on your "Salem Oregon Gutter Service" (Adwords Local Advertisement) and 16 reviews on your "Salem Oregon Gutter Service" SMB listing. I don't believe adwords aggregates reviews as fast as the organic SMB results, and my hunch is your review by "Brad Burge" hasn't been picked up by Adwords yet as it's fairly fresh (less than 3 days old).

I'd give it at least a week and check the results again in a bit to see if they are 'N-Sync' :)