AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why has my business listing all but disappeared from map results?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

My business is Resolved! Hypnotherapy, it is based at 6B Church St, Reading, Berkshire, UK, RG1 2SB

The google listing is here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Resolved!+Hypnotherapy/@51.4513112,-0.9690113,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s...

Telephone is 44 01183 280284

Right, until yesterday my local places listing was 2nd in the local three pack and this was true no matter where you were in the town. Since last night I am nowhere to be seen, even whwn standing ourtside of the business.

Some things to note: I work in a building with several other therapists. All their listings have disappeared too, save for one who sits at the top. The business location is right in the centre of town.

Secondly, the address is 6B Church Street, but google recently asked me to update it to '6' since some other therapists don't bother with the 'B'. The therapy centres own website lists '6B' but google seems to have corrected that to '6' in the centres own google business listing.

Nothing was changed on my profile, not for months. I have good reviews, photos, description all in place. 

I have chosen to continue listing my business as 6B since if I changed it to '6' all my NAPs would be inaccurate. There are far too many of these to bother finding them all and changing them to '6'. Is this the concern in any case?

I'd be grateful if you'd be able to help or advise me. My organic listing in search results is very healthy and unchanged.

Thank you

Paul

Any ideas? Do I 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why has my business listing all but disappeared from map results?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
your lsiting is alive and running under https://maps.google.co.uk/?cid=2054616593747481406

But i saw you (or soemone else under "Anonymous4642" [https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker?uid=203462765626380414642&gw=66&hl=en]) made en edit and this is gone into GoogleModeration.

Strongly recommende to undo this irrelvant and redundant edit made by https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker?uid=203462765626380414642&gw=66&hl=en - this will release the listing form Google moderation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did that edit. It doesn't explain
why my listing has just fallen from sight.

Do you have any idea what I can do?

Thanks

Paul

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul H

Where has it disappeared from ?

Position 3 in Maps:

Hypnotherapy Reading   Google Maps.png

And Position 3 in local pack in search results

Hypnotherapy Reading   Google Search.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, hello @Tim Capper. How come you see that and I don't see it? I search for the same terms in the usual way (incognito, on desktop and mobile and.after clearing all data / history) and don't see that at all. I use the same keyword too.

Weird

OK,, thank you very much.

Paul

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Tim Capper again....

I was just looking at your website. I work in five different towns / cities and have different landing pages for each. Is is possible to do structured data markup for all of them?

Perhaps you'd like to email me at <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> explaining if it can be done, what the benefits truly are and how much you'd charge.

Best wishes

Paul

Note: please be aware that it is counter to Community Guidelines to ask for assistance outside the forum itself, and/or to provide your contact information in a forum post. Thank you for understanding.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul H

Work in five different cities and have landing pages for them.

Is that still 1 business ( aka business page / business address ) but work in different cities.

OR

5 businesses under 1 brand ( aka 5 business pages / addresses )

In the instance of 1 business / address, I would add this to my footer and mark this up with structured data for LocalBusiness across the entire site.

Then on the location pages, you add additional structured data to each specific landing page as ProfessionalService for that specific local.

If it was 5 separate businesses per location page, these would be marked up specifically with their own structured data LocalBusiness for those pages, with an Organization structured data running site wide.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership