AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why don't I appear top of maps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got more reviews than any of my competition. I've responded to them all. I've cleaned up my NAP across as many places as possible. I've implemented schema across my website. I've added my listing to as many directories as possible. Where am I going wrong?

1. Full business name (111 Harley St.)
2. Current business address  (111 Harley Street, London, W1G 6AW)
3. Current telephone number (0344 692 1111)
4. Google Maps URL (https://www.google.com/maps/place/111+Harley+St,+Marylebone,+London+W1G+6AW/@51.5213413,-0.1505656,1...)
5. Website (https://www.111harleystreet.com) 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David J  The short answer is in this search on google maps "plastic surgeon Marylebone, London W1G 6AW" There is a lot of competition and you are all close to each other. There is not going to be anyone short answer. Some suggestions try adding the Yoast SEO plugin and get familiar with it.

Looking at the search results I arbitrarily selected you to come out on top of the search results and have the most reviews. You show up in the top position for both the add and organic in maps. No bad, maybe check your selection of keywords to not advertise where you organically rank at the top? 

You Google My Business page is a place that more information and optimization can be done. Your product is visual, the office, the exterior, the end results show them on your GMB page. There are a huge amount of new features available now. I would suggest using all of them, posts, video, more pictures, questions, a menu of services, etc. Since all local searches show the GMB results.

There is a good article about what you can do to show up better and understand the process better. The two factors that affect your listing when there are a number of similar companies

Relevance

Distance

Prominence

Video on the listing can be up to 30 seconds long. There is not room here to discuss everything. 

Thanks for asking,

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you David W that's a super set of information. I really appreciate the time you have taken to write this answer. I do have yoast installed but not sure where I should be looking in terms of GMB results. I will take your list of suggestions and action that as a to-do list and report back. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi David J  

You are welcome happy to help. Usually, in the code, Yoast shows up is it active and you get feedback from it? Though I have not tested that on sites I know, so I learned something also.

Thanks

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |