My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why does my business marker not appear on the main map until it is manually searched?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up my business on google two months ago but i still can't see the marker of my business when going through the main map.What's the solution guys?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why is my business marker not showing on the main map until it is manually searched??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up my business on google two months ago but i still can't see the marker of my business when going through the main map.What's the solution guys?

Why does my business marker not appear on the main map until it is manually searched?

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3

Hi, Richard,

I'm Ray Sidney-Smith, one of the Google Small Business Advisors here in the Google Small Business community. Good to meet you.

So, a first step is to make sure you are published when you go to google.com/business and log into your Dashboard; please see https://www.evernote.com/l/AAu79aKd9xND34w5_nt49kBIOUwv7_81Q98 for a screenshot of what it should look like under your Status. 

Let me know if it's published and the name and location of your business, and I can search for it to see if it's showing up for me.

Best,

Ray S.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you sir for our response.I opened my dashboard and i found out my business is verified just like in that screenshot you sent me.Please try to check out my business too because it does not appear in the main map until it is manually searched.My neighbours from the same location,their business ventures seem to appear though.My business name is Ngulelo Timberyard and its location is Arusha,Tanzania.

# 5

Hi, Richard,

You're most welcome.

So, at least from my quick search of your business, I pull it up exactly as it should be: https://www.evernote.com/l/AAsqJnHHq3FF_6ufGB22RWYK9oKQ78vobkA (first image in the screenshot). And, what you're saying about it not appearing when you browse to the area without searching for your business is also correct (second image in the screenshot). I see that as well. From what I understand, this is a marketing issue not a technical problem. I suggest that you add more photos to your Google My Business listing, complete all the fields, and ask your customers to write reviews for your business there, which will promote you on the map and hopefully get you to appear on the map for that area like the other businesses. (And, I'm not specifically sure if this is categorically not a business that Google will show on Google Maps as it does other businesses. Perhaps another expert here in the community can answer that question for you.)

I hope that helps!

Best,

Ray S.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you again sir.I shall try out your suggestions.I am living in a developing country and as you know most of my customers do not have access on the internet to write such reviews and those who have such access are too lazy to write such reviews.I shall try to convince my customers to write such reviews so that my business becomes popular on the map and it can attract potential customers.All in all thank you sir for the knowledge u gave me.And sorry if my English wasn't that good.

[ Edited ]
# 7

You're most welcome! I understand how tough getting reviews from customers can be, even in developed nations like here in the United States where the majority of customers have and use the Internet daily. Please keep trying and I wish you the best of luck!