My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why do google search results vary with different keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I search for "Architect Easton Maryland" - My Business listing shows up in google search,

But when I search for "Architect Eastern Shore" - My Business listing does not show up.

My question here is - Why does this happen? or rather - What do I need to do to show up in the "Architect Eastern Shore" search?

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is just as SearchEngines do work.

An even more strange fact is that different people using the same search query will get different results.

Main reason for this behavior is: Google believes to know to the best what results would be the best for a searching user.

The use lots of (never published) criteria to decide what results should be the best for a user.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Just to add on here, Easton Maryland is a specific geographic area. See how Maps draws a polygon around it? https://goo.gl/maps/CWPmvEx2a1L2

Google doesn't recognize [architect eastern shore] as [architect] near [eastern shore] the way it recognizes [Architect Easton Maryland] and [Architect] near [Easton Maryland]. So, the keywords architect eastern shore as being used to search for information about your business. It would be possible to show up for those terms, if Google can identify information about the eastern shore related to your business. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter