AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why do I have to enlarge the map to find our business?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Our business name is Nigelyn Guest Cottage.

Our business address is 22 David Street, Westering, Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

Our telephone number is +27725661918

Our Google Maps URL is : https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Nigelyn+Guest+Cottage/@-33.93578,25.5278113,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m...

Our website URL is : http://nigelynguestcottage.weebly.com

Why do I have to enlarge the map 2 or 3 times to find our business when I type "Family accommodation in Port Elizabeth."  See https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&hs=Gp3&channel=fs&q=family+accommodation+in+port+elizabe...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nigel F
December

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Nigel,

I am not able to see your account even with such a web address, however I can tell you that I have used AdWords since 2002 and never had any issues with credit card. As long as your have a very strong password for your Google account, your ad account and all details are secure. Google provides a great platform to work with and they are extremely serious about privacy & security of their accounts. I would add to this that only the billing department can see/access the credit card details as they are cloaked from any general support personal.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You will need a stronger presence to show up better. Please apply this information to your business presence and work on it routinely as this is all something that takes time.

Kind Regards,

James 

Re: Why do I have to enlarge the map to find our business?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, James,

Please look at
https://adwords.google.com/express/plus/Plus?authuser=0&__l=13373691954742927043&noredirect=true&__u...

Why do I have to give the debit card details of my account? I do not want
these details to be on the Internet. I would prefer to send these details
by snail mail if I HAVE to submit them.

God bless,

Nigel Fitt,* Nigelyn Guest Cottage,* Westering, Port Elizabeth, South
Africa.

Nigelyn Guest Cottage

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

If you decide to set a paid advertising account with Google AdWords Express, you will be required to complete a billing profile that includes a bank or credit card. This is used to validate who you are and to ensure proper payment of your ad account. 

Please note that digital advertising is purely a digital product, meaning it will be 100% digital in all aspects... including billing (credits & debits). You will not receive snail mail ever and it is not used in any capacity. This is not something that can be done any other way. If you do not feel comfortable creating a proper billing profile with Google, you cannot use AdWords Express. 

I will also add that running paid ads will not help with increasing your organic (free) presence of ranking factors. Organic listings in the SERPs (search engine result pages) are not tied to paid actions in any way. But, using paid advertising will greatly expand your audience and prospective clients by showing ads to them. The two must always be viewed and worked on separately and continually for the best chances for business success. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, James

Thank you for your email.

Please look at
https://adwords.google.com/express/plus/Plus?hl=en&__l=13373691954742927043&_ga=2.154823729.88651960...

How secure would my bank details be if I add them to this ad? Would my
bank details be visible to the whole, wide world? Or, would they only be
available to a small section of Google that would handle my ad?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

God bless,

Nigel Fitt,* Nigelyn Guest Cottage,* Westering, Port Elizabeth, South
Africa.

Nigelyn Guest Cottage

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nigel F
December

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Nigel,

I am not able to see your account even with such a web address, however I can tell you that I have used AdWords since 2002 and never had any issues with credit card. As long as your have a very strong password for your Google account, your ad account and all details are secure. Google provides a great platform to work with and they are extremely serious about privacy & security of their accounts. I would add to this that only the billing department can see/access the credit card details as they are cloaked from any general support personal.

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, James,

Thank you for your email.

God bless,

Nigel Fitt