Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't people review my business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My customers are saying that they can't post a review about my business, that there's not even an option for a review.. Please help me fix this issue. 

Thanks Dennis

my business's name is Artden Designs in Dunkirk NY

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why can't people review my business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I can't confirn not being able to post review for "Artden Designs in Dunkirk NY"
I searched on my mobile on GMals your business and got the option to leave a review.
Accepted by topic author Dennis J
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Dennis J

@Helmut Geissler is absolutely right, people can leave reviews for your business no problem. (Also, @Helmut Geissler... did you intend to leave a review for @Dennis J on his business? Looks like he has one review right now, and it's from you. You might want to remove that if it was an accident). 

@Dennis J, I think what you're really running up against, is a change that Google made back in mid November. Google's decided to distance Google+ from small business, and focus more on communities of people with shared interests. What this means to you as a business owner, is that your Google+ Business page no longer has reviews showing on it. In fact, your Google+ Business page itself is basically a relic... sending people there has no value anymore to you as a business owner. 

So what's that mean for you? All it really means is that if you want people to leave a review, you have to send them somewhere else. I've pasted in a link you should use instead. It works for people on computers, people on mobile phones, and people logged in and logged out of Google. This link will NOT work indefinitely though. It'll probably be fine for months, probably for a year or more, but expect this link to break someday. That said... it's the best we've got, without recommending your users do a Google search to find you, and click the leave a review button. As you can guess though, the more cumbersome your instructions, the less reviews you'll get... so just use this link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Artden+Designs&ludocid=12006758789292623708#lrd=0x0:0xa6a093811b9607...

If you'd like to read more about recommendations for how to have people leave a review, and why Google has chosen to do this in the first place, Mike Blumenthal has a good writeup here.

Hope that helps!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@james: Sometimes my Android lives his own life ignoring his owners intention :( Sent via a Nexus 4 - excuse any typos

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Deleted the review now Sent via a Nexus 4 - excuse any typos

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Haha, I know how that goes. I can't stand even typing on my phone, it always thinks it knows what I want, and it's rarely right. Ah well, even if mobile is getting more and more important, I'll always be a laptop kind of guy. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks James I appreciate all the help.....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut for all your help, it's greatly appreciated...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

This is the link to my business page. But customers are getting an error when they are trying to write a review. Can you please advice on what could be the potential problems?

https://goo.gl/aZPgji

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Ankit, 

Can you start a new thread? it makes it much more likely the the right person will see your post and respond, and it helps us keep things organized. 

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.