AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Why are my reviews not showing up on my Google+ business page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am starting to collect reviews for my new page, and one of my clients submitted a review about 4 days ago. It shows up for me as an admin, and I even replied to it. Yet when I view my page, it says "no reviews published" and as a viewer from the public, my page doesn't even have a reviews tab! I don't understand! How do I publish my reviews?! 

5 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Why are my reviews not showing up on my Google business page?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Yes, that is normal, that is how reviews are shown in the Local business page.
It is not possible to change the layout of the page to display the reviews at the top.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Re: Why are my reviews not showing up on my Google+ business page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It is likely that your review got filtered or removed for violating Google's review policies. Based on cases I've looked at, here is what I've come up with for reasons why reviews go missing:

• URLs in reviews
  • The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
  • The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
  • The person who wrote the review works for you
  • The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
  • The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
  • The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
  • You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
  • The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
  • The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
  • You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
  • You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
  • You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
  • Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
If you are seeing as the Admin it could be that you are looking in the wrong place.

You note that "my page doesn't even have a reviews tab! "

The review tab is for reviews that your business has left for other businesses and doesn't show unless you set it to show in the settings.

Reviews show on the about page. Could you look there and see if it is visible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks you're exactly right. This was confusing for me but the about page is where the reviews will show. Thanks for the answer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I THINK it's visible, but at the top of the about page where it says "Review Summary" there is nothing to click that links to the actual review. One must scroll down the page to the very bottom in order to find reviews. Is that normal? IS there a way I can have the reviews accessible at the top of the about page? Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Can you provide a link to your G+ page?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Yes, that is normal, that is how reviews are shown in the Local business page.
It is not possible to change the layout of the page to display the reviews at the top.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

As @treebles points out that behavior is normal. That being said your review on the Plus page are hardly ever viewed there.

Google also show the review very prominently on keyword searches and branded searches in the main search results, in Maps and in the new local finder. So it is likely that users will see them there. 

Over the past few months and years Google has made it almost impossible for anyone to find your Plus page. They have removed the search function and any links so it is highly unlikely that a visitor will see the Plus page unless you give them the URL.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Can someone tell me why my Google review was up for over a week but is now gone? I'm guessing the business just saw and asked Google to remove it because it was negative. But Google should not only allow positive reviews or remove a review without informing the person who wrote it. This is very unfair. I did not use bad language or violate any policy. The apartment complex I wrote about bribes their tenants to write positive reviews so they get money off their rent. That is why mostly positive reviews is all you see for them. If anything, that 's what "Google reviews" staff should be looking into.
And why do I not see a section in these forums to post a new topic myself?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Google doesn't remove reviews because asked. They will remove reviews that violate their terms of service and if they meet broad criteria as being spam. Sometimes they make mistakes. Could you share the business that you left the review on and the Google account you used to leave the review? Sent from my iPhone