6.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Where to put containment information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just called GMB in order to add the containment information to my business; They told me to just edit my address in the dashboard. She was talking something about "located in... Shopping mall" but I do not see that option.

Apoteka Durić

Branilaca BiH 11, 75000 Tuzla

035 314 670

https://plus.google.com/+ApotekaDurić2Tuzla

Screenshot_95.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where to put containment information

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emir,

I know you just called but you can set this by default. Apparently you need to contact business support to enable this:

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I called up GMB twice and each time the operator told me to enter the containment information in the street name field (street name and shopping mall name separated by a comma). After the second call the operator walked me through adding the containment information via Screenshare. For some reason the information did not update so she put me on hold for two minutes. After the two minutes, the containment information popped up in the first address line and the street name in the second line. But, for some weird reason, the city name started to show in the Cyrillic script. After we checked my language settings as a matter of last resort I reentered the city name in the Latin script. This caused the system to recalculate the data. The algorithm thought the word *center* in the shopping mall's name is the name of the locality. It completely messed up the data. The end result of this is that my street name is now called a combination of the shopping mall name and street name. Please help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Emir D - it is my understanding that this is not something that you can input into GMB yourself. There is no line for it in the dashboard and it sounds like the advice you were given was very bad. I'll escalate this thread to see if Google can add it for you.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Emir,

Google got back to me and this should be fixed for you now. Let me know if you need anything else.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joy,

I checked on my Dashboard and Map Maker, there have been no changes to the listing since yesterday and the issue still persist.

• The listing lists the Shopping Mall Name (Dramar centar) together with the Street Name as a sort of combined street name.
  • The City Name is still in the Cyrilic script not in Latin.

Thank you for all your help I appreciate it. I hope my issue gets fixed.

Screenshot_96.pngCurrent state

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi @Emir D,

Joy asked me to jump into this thread. I just checked in our system, and this change has been implemented. I would recommend giving it 24-48 hours to show up. You could also try clearing your cache and cookies to ensure that you're seeing the most up to date version. 

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager