My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

When google searching my business another company shows in the search results and maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yosiah Vision

11711 Princeton Pike, Suite 341-189

Cincinnati, Ohio 45246

(513) 973-8921

https://plus.google.com/b/106670071470686475515/106670071470686475515/about/p/pub?pageId=10667007147...

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 10.31.53 PM.png

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When google searching my business another company shows in the search results and maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yosiah
It looks as though Google can't find enough information about "Yosiah Vision" elsewhere on the Internet to feel confident about presenting a Knowledge Graph. It appears Google is slightly confused as to whether the two are the same.

A website is one way you can help tell Google more about your business - that you're real and open for customers. As well, a solid citation building effort would help Google gather enough quantity and quality of information to differentiate between the two entities. Even if you don't do the website, I'd recommend the citations.

As well, the business is only new. It will take time for Google to
a) feel confident offering a Knowledge Graph about your business
b) gather enough information about your business to offer a Knowledge Graph.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: When google searching my business another company shows in the search results and maps

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

In addition to Margaret's great points I noticed that the URL on your Google+ page redirects to a FB page. Whilst Google doesn't mind you having a FB page, they do hate re-directs since that is a classic spammer tactic.

If you do not yet have a website up, then I recommend putting the actual FB link into your G+ page rather than using the current URL.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Not only does Google not like redirects, they actually suspend pages for having them listing. So yeah, I would definitely take Priya's advice :)

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good Evening,

In the guidelines (Website & phone section) there's a notation stating the following:

Do not provide phone numbers or URLs that redirect or "refer" users to landing pages or phone numbers other than those of the actual business, including pages created on social media sites.

Based on that notation I would be inclined to leave it blank. 

Grace