My Business
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

What is the right to create an online presense for my small business using google tools?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to setup an online presence using tools from google but I am confused and completely lost with the different tools available.  I have a small business that serve clients at their location. Is the google my business brand page the correct tool to use?  I already have a google my business page setup last year, but it appears to be for store fronts.  So I setup another my business brand page.  Now how do I transfer all the contents (e.g. reviews) from the old page to the new one? 

Re: What is the right to create an online presense for my small business using google tools?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you serve clients at their location, you should still use a Google My Business page, you just need to change the page settings to be a service area business. It's pretty straight forward to set up, just log into your admin area for your page, edit your address, and you should see a spot where it says  "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations." Check that box. There's another box that says “I serve customers at my business address”, leave that box unchecked. After that, your address will be hidden from customers, and you will be within guidelines for your business. 

Brand pages aren't worth the time spent for most industries, they don't actually appear anywhere anymore in search, and most industries don't have a lot of their demographic active on Google+. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

What is the right to create an online presense for my small business using google tools?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.  I have already marked it has 'serving customer at their location'. 

I have another (related) question.  Under 'google my business', i have 2 managed and published locations with the same address.  Each one point to a different google my business page. I would like to clean it up so that all reviews will go to one of them.  I see there is a way to 'mark location as permanently closed', but it may not remove it from google completely, which may cause confusion to customers.  Is there a better way to disable one of the pages?

Re: What is the right to create an online presense for my small business using google tools?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Happy to help. And yes, just deleting a live business profile from your dashboard doesn't remove it, all it does is unverify it. 

If you have two live listings for the same business, you'll need to contact Google support and ask them to merge the listings for you. You can contact them either by phone or on twitter

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.