AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

What is the Offerings tag for and can I skip using it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click it, I get a window called 'Attributes',  with 2 categories to make selections: 

Amenities ('Gift wrap' is the only choice, I can either select 'Gift Wrap', 'No gift wrap' or uncheck it completely), and 'Offerings', which I am unable to leave blank. The 3 (stupid) choices here are Bulk Goods, Same Day Delivery and Used Goods...none of which are logical for our company.

And try as I might, I cannot deselect the Bulk Goods selection...unless I choose 'No Bulk Goods'.

None of this makes sense.

What is the Offerings tag for and can I skip using it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brenda, we got exactly the same problem with our listing; being listed (primarily) as a wholesaler, the only option for 'Offerings' is Bulk Goods, with the behaviour you describe. This doesn't make sense as we also do retail, and as customers seeing the bulk tag might as well think it's not worth visiting us. I fully agree with you and do hope somebody at Google's support team will at least reply to this problem which for sure not just you and me have.