Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Websites and NAPs for SABs

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client is a Service Area Business (SAB).  Should we still include the full NAP on their website? Or should we include on the website just the Name, City/Zip and Phone?  

My concern is that light of the importance of Citation Consistency, how do we convey the NAP on the website without misleading people into thinking there is a storefront for the business?

1. Full business name - Blicks Fencing
2. Current business address - 601 W Cucharras St. #7A, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
3. Current telephone number - (719) 574-5441
4. Google+ URL - https://plus.google.com/+Blicksfencing/posts

Thank you!

Allan Todd

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Websites and NAPs for SABs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Allan

Unless your client wants people to come to their address, then I would not include it on their website. Google is able to make the connection between the data entered in their local database via the Google listing (i.e this business has a physical address but serves people at their location so their full address is not shown in the listing) and the information on your website.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Personally, I always suggest listing it on the website. I usually list it in the footer and on the contact us page I embed a Map of their GMB listing which has the address hidden.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Some business directories require some sort of information to be provided in the street address field when creating a listing. Will a SABbe penalized in search rankings by leaving dash marks ("--") or a phrase like "serving the __ area" in the required address field? Would such a listing be deemed inconsistent?