3.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Visability issue with two seperate my business display sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Use these keywords when going to google.com ... first phrase "jon Hyers visual effects", you'll notice to the right that it looks and is displayed nicely ... now type this second phrase "virtual santa", it's not as prominent as the first one. .. any suggestuons?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher M
November 2015

Re: Visability issue with two seperate my business display sites

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Christopher, Google will display the "Knowledge Card" on the right hand side when it is confident that there is a single business listing that matches the users search string. Your first search is fairly specific and for your location Google feels that it has the exact business match for what you are looking for. But the second search is far more generic, so Google does not feel that there is just one perfect match.

If I search for a very specific item such as "Biker Jim's Gourmet Dogs Denver" , there is a very good chance of getting an exact match and seeing the Knowledge card. But a more generic search for "Hot Dogs Denver" would have multiple business that might match.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher M
November 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Christopher, Google will display the "Knowledge Card" on the right hand side when it is confident that there is a single business listing that matches the users search string. Your first search is fairly specific and for your location Google feels that it has the exact business match for what you are looking for. But the second search is far more generic, so Google does not feel that there is just one perfect match.

If I search for a very specific item such as "Biker Jim's Gourmet Dogs Denver" , there is a very good chance of getting an exact match and seeing the Knowledge card. But a more generic search for "Hot Dogs Denver" would have multiple business that might match.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alex,

Great reply - I will make the necessary modifications to the title of the My Business account to reflect something like this ... "Virtual Santa - Holiday Projection Effects"

Do you think this will be adequate and will this modification not cause me to have my Google My Business site interrupted?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Chris,

No - that is not a good idea because according to the Google My Business guidelines you are not allowed to add descriptive text to your business name. Doing so can get your account suspended.

"Adding unnecessary information to your name (e.g., "Google Inc. - Mountain View Corporate Headquarters" instead of "Google") by including marketing taglines, store codes, special characters, hours or closed/open status, phone numbers, website URLs, service/product information, location/address or directions, or containment information (e.g. "Chase ATM in Duane Reade") is not permitted."
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Chris, no, as Joy said here thats not a good idea at all... The name on your listing must reflect your actual business name. Further description of the business you can do in the introduction/description text area (Although Im not sure that actual shows any where now with the new G+ interface...) Google does pick up on that description text so a well written description can help you come up in the results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Joy! ... I almost made that mistake, I used the other words in the description.

Thank you foe the great advise

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alex, ...

More great advise ...

Thank you sooo much, I'm hoping to get Virtual Santa into Lowes and Home Depot and other boxed stores next year, it's doing spectacular right now.