AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Virtual Office Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a virtual office setup and applied for a business listing on Google months ago.  I have already been verified, but cannot get listed on Google.  

The reason I was given by a representative is that "there was no storefront sign of my business displayed".

I meet up with clients at the office location conference room, I have my mail sent there, I have faxes sent there and even have my calls routed there.  The only thing is I don't have a full-time office there (I work primarily from home) and therefore do not accept walk-ins.  Several other similar business are listed on Google with the same address and don't appear to be a problem.

Months of back and forth with representatives about this issue via email and phone have gotten me nowhere.  The representatives I speak with don't seem to have a clue on how a virtual office operates.  I don't want to list my business as a purely 'service area business' because as stated before, I do meet clients face-to-face at this location.

I really want to resolve this issue and finally get my business listed.

Any assistance no this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Virtual Office Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google's guidelines require that to have a virtual office you need full time staffing at the office.

As it currently stands they do not support your use case. 

While their may be other businesses that have gotten in to the listings its because they did a better job of faking it. :)