Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Videos in the Google My Business page listing

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I am experimenting with adding video to a Google My Business page. So far I have been able to post 3 on a listing and none have gone public and they do show up in GMB console but still need to wait for being public. I used typical youtube settings from Premier pro 58.2 mb. The file type was .mpv.  Going to post a 4th video it loads and then right at the end it errors out with not more information. The error message is "couldn't upload media"  The file size and duration was shorter and smaller than the others. So right now assuming it can be in the approval process and only can do so many at a time. Excited to see how this helps the listings. Any information on the features details would be great to hear what others find.

Bostonfirewood.com

50 Easton Ave Readville Ma

+1 781-254-2773

www.bostonfirewood.com

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David W Cox
January

Top Contributor
# 15
Top Contributor

Mine is also "again" working.

Seems Google fixeed it indeed.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am having a similar problem. Yesterday I was able to add videos. They are still there, though no one has seen them. Today the video tab on top of the PHOTOS page no longer appears. 

Is this a glitch with the upgrade? 

Help!

Jodi Lustig

Joy Burger Bar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Jodi L  with time we will see. I am sure the moderators will see this and take a look. I would assume they are doing stuff manually as it rolls out to make sure it is working right. Just part of being on the bleeding edge.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Jodi L  Do you have videos going public yet? The ones I posted still do not show. Today I found an interesting part of uploading videos as an owner. The fourth video that I tried to upload the other day and had an error message today it loaded and displays in the control panel. So is there a limit to a number of videos or just how many can be loaded at once? Or just in what can be processed? Some videos are now 3 days 2 days and 1 new with nothing displayed publicly. interesting as a contributor posting a video on a listing not from the control panel the first time I tried it the video was live in minutes but uploaded from a cell phone. It is going to be interesting and I think to help the listing a lot.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jodi L I just found out from Mike Blumenthal that there is an issue.  He said 

Google My Business announced on their twitter stream that there is a bug in the GMB visor upload preventing them from showing. (https://twitter.com/googlemybiz/status/953709380851118080) So I will let you know when mine shows up. It means I need to follow a lot of sources of information.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Jodi L & @David W Cox

I understand your frustration.

But I can tell you being able to replicate the issue my self with own listings and uploaded videos and have already escalated my findings to Google.

I'm pretty sure Googl is "on it" - not only for my examples but in general.

Please be patient. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

What I meanwhile can tell you guys is this:

it's a technical issue and Google is working to fix it. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Helmut Geissler the twiter feed says it is fixed. They say they fixed the issue with uploading videos. I have four now that are not visible but uploaded. I did one after the tweet saying that it is fixed so will wait to see if the new or older ones get displayed. At least it is not some file type issue. 

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @David W Cox

Guessing the Twitter feed is about a fixed bug to upload a video.

What I'm talking about  (and got confirmed by Googl as a bug they are "still on it") is the issue uploaded videos will get shown and to watch via "owners"own dahsboard - but only via his dashboard.

No one else (and not even the owner) will find and can  watch the (properly uploaded) video. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Helmut Geissler,@Jodi L I just checked this morning and the videos are now visible two me on the GMB console and to the public on the listing. So looks to me they have fixed it. Helmut you stated the issue much better than I was trying to say. Thanks so they did get the bug out!