AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Verifying Business Issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have been running a dance company for the last 9 years at a school and want to list my business on Google Maps. I rent the place and don't own it. How do I verify my business as Google is only providing me with the postcard option for verification? There is no email or phone verification option. My classes take place only in second half of the day and the studio is locked in the first half when the regular school is in operation. Please help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Verifying Business Issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are cases where these types of listing are present. If you look at the terms of service to be a location pin on Google Maps you have to be able to receive mail at that location. They are very specific about it, sorry to be the one with bad news. If you have a separate mailbox and post the correct hours so that Google knows your students can reach you then you could get verified. It is sort of their bat their ball kind of game. Here is a link to the guidelines part way down is a section on the address requirements may help but it is good to study all of it. 

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |