1.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Verified Business not shown in Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only way I can find my business location on Google Maps is by searching it. It does not appear in the map by default. People who are just looking around in the map will not see the sign of the business unless they search it. How do I fix that my business appears on google maps without having to search it in the first place.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Verified Business not shown in Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Butrint,

Ranking on Google for more generic terms that apply to your business usually takes a lot of time and effort. How new is your business listing? Do you have tons of online references to your business already (like on Yelp, Facebook etc).

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joy,

Many thanks for replying to my message. The business is already on Facebook and has 8246 page likes. I have only managed to verify it today on google business and it automatically appeared on google maps when searched. The business name is Shkolla Zenit ( Zenit School in english).
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Butrint D
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@JoyHawkins

It seems to me @Butrint D is asking about a place label for his business.

If so please Butrint read this:

About Place Labels: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435

It is Google Local algorithms that choose what business listings are shown as Place Labels and it is not possible for business owners to request inclusion of the business listing as a Place Label. There is also nothing business owners can do with their business listings to ensure that their businesses are displayed as a Place Label on Maps and Earth.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Thanks for your message. The business is the only major landmark in that location. However a small pharmacy and a mosque are already showing up by default.

Kind regards,
Butrint

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My Store The T Shirt Man - Cheap, Simple & Fast T Shirt Printing (Store code: 20900719) operating from PO5 3PR has been removed from google local.

My listing was a duplicate which i marked as closed however this is showing in the same place now.

I have spent many years gaining reviews 30+ reviews as well as adding posts to this page:
https://business.google.com/b/101317001711771722361

Please can you help with this.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Jordan B

the link you provided is the same as for https://plus.google.com/+ThetshirtmanCoUkprinting

and it is named as  "The T Shirt Man - Cheap, Simple & Fast T Shirt Printing"

This name is a very blatant violation of their "Guidelines for representing your business on Google".

It nevertheless shows up if searching for this violating name and its town like searching for the red highlighted query 

"The T Shirt Man - Cheap, Simple & Fast T Shirt Printing" near Southsea

An other bad point is the address specification you seem using.

I would rather change it to "93 Palmerston Rd Southsea PO5 3PR, United Kingdom‎"(have realy no clue why you specified it as "University of Portsmouth 93 Palmerston Rd Southsea PO5 3PR, United Kingdom‎")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Helmut, im running into the same issue. so you say its algorithms that determine whos busiensses are shown. yet you say its not possible to do anything to persuade the algorithm to add your business to the map. i own a bar and hotel and its a substatially large business for the area yet tiny businesses show up over mine. hotels are kind of important to show on there without searching and i find it unfair that mine is not shown but others are

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

When you post, please be sure to include the following information as well:

1. Full business name 

2. Current business address 

3. Current business telephone number 

4. Google+ URL 

Thank you.