AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Update the poor quality Image representing our business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Tuna Traffic
2. 1443 27th St STE B, Caledonia, WI 53108
3. (866) 231-2548
4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tuna+Traffic/@42.818947,-87.953983,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf3b6f...
5. tunatraffic.com

Our business Tuna Traffic has been struggling with "Google My Business". 
We are aware that robots decide what image should be shown in our online listing, but the one it has chosen is very old and of poor quality. (Screenshot https://cl.ly/0D1U2W1I2b34) The image actually doesn't even exist anymore...

Is there someone we can contact or something we can do to change this to just a higher quality image? 
Ideally, we are looking to change the image to one of these images attached below.

Tuna-Traffic-Exterior-1024x767.jpgcropped-tuna-traffic-hi-res-square-corners_512x512-1.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tyler P
November

Re: Update the poor quality Image representing our business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler P,

Did y0u select the picture of the front of the building as the Cover photo?

The Cover photo is the one selected to be shown preferentially on Google Maps and Web Search.

Although it is possible to select a logo as the Cover photo, Google does not like them as Cover photos and will replace them with any other photo at the first chance their algorithm has.

If the picture of the storefront was the one selected to as Cover photo, try reporting it, from within the GMB dashboard, as a Poor Quality Photo.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tyler,

Have you claimed the listing for the business? You can do so by going to www.google.com/business and following the steps. Once claimed you can go to the Photos section of the dashboard and set both a Logo as well as a Cover Photo.

More information.

Best, David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I sure wish it was that easy. We already set the logo, cover picture, and profile picture. The image that shows up in the search results is not even in the photos we uploaded to Google My Business. 

I wish we knew how this image gets selected in the first place and why Google has set it up this way. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tyler P
November

Re: Update the poor quality Image representing our business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler P,

Did y0u select the picture of the front of the building as the Cover photo?

The Cover photo is the one selected to be shown preferentially on Google Maps and Web Search.

Although it is possible to select a logo as the Cover photo, Google does not like them as Cover photos and will replace them with any other photo at the first chance their algorithm has.

If the picture of the storefront was the one selected to as Cover photo, try reporting it, from within the GMB dashboard, as a Poor Quality Photo.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor