AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Unknown Users Uploading Irrelevant Photos to My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am the social media and over-all internet manager for Alsbou Motors, a car dealership in Milwaukie, Oregon. (16585 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Milwaukie, OR 97267) ((503) 305-8153) ( https://goo.gl/maps/PtL6crAQKXB2 )

http://www.alsboumotors.com/home

We have had a problem for a while now, where people, (possibly from another country?) have been uploading photos from another business to our (Alsbou Motors) business on google. These photos show up as our first image/profile photo and it is misinforming to customers. Most of the photos being uploaded are of cars and possible car dealerships, but not of our location,  business or cars we have ever owned. Some are also of cartoon cars which also have no relevance to our business.

I have full access to our google business account and have already reported most photos as irrelevant to the business location, but there is never the option to leave notes (such as "I am the business owner, these photos have no relevance to my business") I am afraid the photos will never be removed and I am wondering if there is any other action I can take to remove the photos, and clean up our online appearance. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alsbou M
November

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

These are crowd sourced images, totally acceptable and encouraged by Google.  As the business representative your only option is to select the photo and flag it as inappropriate (or another description) and submit to Google.  I read earlier today, here in the community, that if you have a few people flagging the same photo and submitting for removal they get removed faster.  Another option is to upload fresh new business images into your GMB profile, be sure to identify one primary.  I hope this is of some help to you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alsbou M
November

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

These are crowd sourced images, totally acceptable and encouraged by Google.  As the business representative your only option is to select the photo and flag it as inappropriate (or another description) and submit to Google.  I read earlier today, here in the community, that if you have a few people flagging the same photo and submitting for removal they get removed faster.  Another option is to upload fresh new business images into your GMB profile, be sure to identify one primary.  I hope this is of some help to you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply. I will get co-workers to flag the photos as well and see if that helps. I have started uploading photos, so hopefully they will begin to overcome the other photos. 

You mentioned "identify one as primary" is there a way to set a photo as the primary? Can you link something explaining how I do this?

Thank you!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I mis-spoke, should have said Profile not Primary.  So in your GMB account, in "card" view, select the location and then select photos from the left nav bar.  You will have the opportunity to select one photo for your Profile (not Primary, again sorry about that) and another if you wish for your Cover Photo.