AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Two locations listed for one business; how to merge/remedy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I've two locations listed for a single location; one map listing is a couple blocks away and simply does not exist--nor has it ever.

Yet it has a google review and is sending people to a false location.

The primary (correct) location is verified through GMB and we've full access. 

I'm very concerned about just marking it "this location permanently closed or has never existed" because it's right next door to the true location and may give a local search the appearance of a closed store. 

We don't need the false/non-existent location "closed", we need it gone or merged with the correct one. How is this achieved?

Here's what it looks like on local search; the highlighted location is the one that does not exist with an incorrect location:

terra firma map problem.PNG

Here's a link; it's the location to the SW with 2 reviews that is the correct/verified location. The one to the NE of it does not exist. 

Please help, and directly answer the following:

Will marking it never existed/closed remove it, or simply ad a large red "closed" alert on search?

Will moving the pin by "marker incorrectly placed on map" to the correct location allow/encourage any sort of merge, or will it simply move an incorrect location on top of another?

Anyway,  thanks to the experts in advance; your time and care are--as always--appreciated.

Best,

Erik Berglund

JAST Media

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Two locations listed for one business; how to merge/remedy?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

your link shows me at least two listings for the "7910 SW Hunziker St, Portland, OR 97223":

Screenshot 2017-02-14 at 18.06.30.png

Both seem verified listings.

Are you managing both in your dahboard?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Yes; it shows to disparate listings. The one to the NE does not exist. 

We definitely do not manage the incorrect location; if so, we'd just delete the incorrect location. We mange the correct location. 

I've tried claiming the incorrect location to see if it's actually verified, but it does not auto-populate when claiming and the information for the two locations is identical, save a capitalization difference (the incorrect location is listed "TerraFirma Foundation Systems.")

I cannot find that iteration to attempt to claim and then take to google support, then subsequently delete. 

How would you proceed?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@SEO A the listing you're trying to get rid of is currently owner-verified so you have to deal with that first. I'm guessing you don't remember where it was verified, so visit https://business.google.com/add/confirm/c/3513587393833977027

Select:

The account is currently managed by someone else

Is this business verified by a user whom you're able to contact: press "no".

Fill in the form and put in the message box you're trying to get access to the listing so you can merge it b/c it's a duplicate.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual