AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

The omnipresent Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How does a site I never heard of get the personal/financial info I've given to Google Chrome? I went nosing around in their INSPECT THE PAGE option and lo and behold, Google's name is everywhere. I can see no other connection. I cancelled a membership I never signed up for, never even heard of, but I don't have much confidence I'll be any safer. You would think I'dve learned my lesson some years ago when I found out that Google had a credit card of mine that I had not given freely. No idea how they got it. Called cust serv to find out and was told (get this): "How we got your card # is our business; we will not tell you how we acquired it, nor how we intend to use it." [censored]??!!

My fault for sliding back into all their cool stuff, thinking I would be safe. Once again I am getting rid of everything on all my devices that have any connection to Google. Probably won't do any good: y'all think you're bigger than God. Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The omnipresent Google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
this forum is about issues user have with their GoogleMyBusiness page

If you (rather then ranting about Google) have anhy issues with your GoogleMyBusiness page
Please elaborate this issue and

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL