AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Suggestion for Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Is the Google team working on a feature for Restaurants where a Restaurant is Open but is Relocating and that can be shown on Maps ??

And when it is renovating - The status changes to Under Renovation or Temporarily Closed

Thanks & Regards

Anubhav

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suggestion for Google My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Anubhav N

No.

When the restaurant officially closes its doors for the last time, then you change the address in the business page details to the new property.

If you are renovating then you can use special hours, to say which days are closed.

http://onlineownership.com/holiday-hours-special-hours-now-available-on-google-business-pages/

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see

Thanks for the reply

My suggestion was merely that when you are changing your location you generally put a pop up on your website so instead of doing that why not show them this info Google Maps and maybe allow them to reply yes we are anticipating and this can also o lead to much use case for the popular hours in the knowledge panel

Just thing from a business point of view

Just a suggestion.
Don't have any expectation it would be implemented

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Anubhav N

Yep, I get the reasoning,

BUT when you look at the main criteria for a business page : Be able to make in person contact during stated business hours.

You are either open, and people can visit, or closed.

Thanks for the Suggestion anyway, you never know a Googler may read this and think, hey why not

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Anubhav,

Just in addition to Tim's answer regarding your suggestion, I'd also recommend leaving feedback via Google+. Although Local is slowly moving away from Google+, that is still (at the moment) a good place to leave feedback of this nature.

The feedback option is available from the left hand side menu on either desktop or mobile.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog