AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Store front and service area business - different hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a service area business (we perform customer services at their location) that also has a storefront for product/service sales. So we have a shop people walk into, and we also go onsite ("field" service). Field services are 1/2 our business.

Our storefront is open 9-5, BUT our field services are 6:00am-10PM.

The issue is this. Because my store closes at 5pm, and Google policy is to list store hours, Google shows that my business is closed after 5PM. Anyone searching for our services on Google sees "closed" but we are NOT closed as we are still supporting on-site calls. 

Most of our competitors don't have shops so they just list whatever hours they want to support and don't have this issue. It's like we're being penalized for having a storefront (which should be a competitive advantage not a hindrance).

Our old print ads just listed store hours and on-site service hours, problem solved, but I don't see a way to do this in Google.

How do I handle this?

I once tried listing our field service hours as our open hours,  but I was quickly hit with a 1-star review for the store not being open during the hours listed. So that's no good.

I've checked into departments and it could possible work, but I don't see anyway documentation on how to set that up. Also, we perform the same services in our shop and on the road and that seems to be an issue with departments (there's not a different category available). 

Is there any way to support this? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For anyone interested, Google Support told me to:

1) Change my current listing to a Field Support listing with the hours we support.

2) Create a new listing at the same address for the shop and its hours.

3) Call Google to get the new listing merged into the existing listing as a department. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update. This didn't work because our category is the same for both our Shop and our Field service. There is no solution for this Google limitation.