AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Stop Changing Suite to #

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Multiple businesses. Every time, google changes an address "Suite 5" or "Ste 5" to "#5"

I change it, multiple times, it automatically snaps back. It's like you have to trick it to a completely different address first, then change it back to the former address with the Suite, but sometimes that doesn't even work.

Horrible bug, bad for NAP.

STAWP IT

It shows correct in www.google.com/local/manage but not in Google.com/MyBusiness or maps

Here's one example:

1. The Law Offices of Howe & Garside, LTD.

2. 55 Memorial Blvd Suite 5, Newport, RI 02840

3. DONT CALL CLIENT - 401-841-5700

4. https://plus.google.com/+Counselfirst

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Stop Changing Suite to #

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Vincent T,

Sorry to hear your frustration with this issue! I went ahead and pushed the change on my end, so it is now showing correctly on your Google My Business page. I also requested the edit in Maps which may take a bit longer to go through. I hope that this helps!

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Liz GMB Community Manager 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
March 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Vincent T,

Sorry to hear your frustration with this issue! I went ahead and pushed the change on my end, so it is now showing correctly on your Google My Business page. I also requested the edit in Maps which may take a bit longer to go through. I hope that this helps!

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Liz GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got the same problem. Very frustrated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much! That did work.

I have one other example
https://plus.google.com/+SILVERSILVERPABocaRaton

Could we please make the street address "6100 Glades Road Suite 201" instead of #201

I appreciate it!

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Vincent,

I took a look at the back end on this one, and it looks to be all correct listing "suite" instead of #. Let me know if you're still facing issues!

Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Strange it wasn't at the time of posting ;) Magic, And thank you very much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Elizabeth,
Been having the same type of issue. I was able to correct things under my google.com/local/manage profile, but under maps its not showing up properly, and when people try to pull up directions from the mobile site it doesn't give the option to navigate due to an error with the address data.

I'd like to change the address for Advanced Park Dental to this 329 N Park Ave, #360, Winter Park, FL 32789

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Advanced Park D

Can you please start your own thread with your business details (including the second address you are trying to add).

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Please include both the old address of your business as well as the new one.

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog