Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Star rating showing 1 star despite 5 star reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a Google My business listing that has 3 reviews on it, all of them are 5 star and two of them have comments as well.

Despite this the page is showing as having a 1 star review.

I have read on these forums that Facebook reviews can play a part here but those are all 5 star as well (8 in total).

Also have responded to the 5 star reviews thanking them.

Business name - PoolFx Pool Cleaning Service Northland New Zealand. 

Link to map listing - https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/PoolFx/@-35.316594,173.6759556,8z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xdd2629c5...

Capture.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Bryan P

The average rating does not update in real time. So if you have a 1-star review and then get a few 5-star reviews, your average rating will still display low for several days.

It generally takes 3-7 days for the average rating to update once you get new reviews.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Joy but I'm not sure that is what is going on here, the listing has never had any 1 star reviews there are only a 3 reviews for the whole listing and they are all 5 Star. I get that it may take a while for the new ratings to filter though but why would it show one star? Surely it should show no rating during this time of consideration rather than a negative 1 star.

anyway my issues seem,s to have resolved now with the 5 star average now showing.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There may have been a bug recently impacting reviews as we had a ton of people posting on the forum about it.  Glad to hear yours resolved!

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual