2.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Sharing Google videos when Unlisted

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This post is not exactly related to Google My Business, but to the Digital Garage Courses that reference it.

There are a number of very useful videos in the course which can be a big help when talking about Google My Business.

These videos are on YouTube but are marked as Unlisted.

I would like to share, embed and link to some of these videos but not sure if that is approved of by Google or not?

What is the Google policy on this?

They are not private videos, but Unlisted.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sharing Google videos when Unlisted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Terry S

I had no idea Google did this! I'll raise it with our CM to see what the policy is.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It's the videos in Digital Garage.

Could be very useful to show people and share, but not sure whether they want that or not.

Typical example is here - watch?v=olNTSrFVgEk ( on the end of youtube.com/ )

It would be really useful/helpful to share the videos from Digital Garage.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

HI @Terry S

This is the response from the area responsible for Digital Garage:

Your community user has been clever to find the video in question, and as he's noticed it's unlisted on YT but not private which means he can of course technically use them in any legitimate ways as per YouTube policy.

Please tell him that though he is welcome to do so, we'd really prefer if he could help show users the content at the Digital Garage itself, because it's only there that they will have access to personalised plans, their own dashboard, dedicated email paths advising them on their progress, and most importantly the interactive elements like quizzes which help with the learning and lead that user towards winning the certification. There's a lot of value there that gets lost if people only see the video in a separate environment, which is why we haven't made them public on YouTube.

We'd love his help in spreading the word about g.co/DigitalGarage so more users can benefit both from the video content and everything else that is part of it.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks.

I'll make sure that when I share it I also mention (and link to) the course.

There are some good videos in there with surprisingly low view counts, it would be a shame not to share them about more.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
would you please elaborating your issue?
It will increase the chance for appropriate help