2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Service Area Size Guideline?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have ran across a couple of different posts that state you should never set your service area to greater than "XX." The most recent one on these particular forums give the limit of 35 miles.

As a SAB in the mid-west, it's not uncommon for us to go 40 or even 55 miles for a job. Am I harming my listing by having my service area set to 49 miles, as it is now. Would setting it to 35 actually increase our ranking?

I would say >90% of the population we serve is within the "35 mile rule of thumb."

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lincoln P
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Lincoln P

there is nowhere explicitely written any guidelines about SAB size.

Its our  experience only that any SAB greater the 35 miles/50km are of no benefit for your ranking - or vice versa said: SAB of larger radius areas will not ranked or lose any ranking at all.

Re: Service Area Size Guideline?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

To clarify, you are saying that changing it to 35 shouldn't affect the listing in any way, and I shouldn't update the radius just to comply with what is believed to be a max radius. Google simply diminishes your rank after 35 miles and favors more local businesses.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

you got it @Lincoln P

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

plz canform wath time this issue 

Pending review
Your business is verified, but isn't yet connected to Google Maps and Search. Learn more

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey @Sunil T

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I will block this old thread now for new replies