Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Sensitive Medical Information in a Review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm concerned about a couple of reviews of our pediatric office that contain personal and sensitive medical information about children. Medical information is not explicitly covered in the Google Reviews terms of service, but given that one review in particular contains prescription and symptom information about a minor, it should not be public. Is it possible to remove said review? The poster's name is Mostafa El Gama and our business is MD Pediatric Associates -Coppell. 

Additional information:

Coppell Market Center, 760 N Denton Tap Rd #120, Coppell, TX, USA

+1 972-420-1475

https://profiles.google.com/u/1/saundra.fitzgerald?hl=en

Thanks,

Saundra F.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

While it may be inappropriate and you certainly can't do it, it is not illegal for a patient to divulge their own or their child's medical information in a review. It is their information to divulge or not. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. You're right that it isn't strictly illegal, but are Google Reviews only subject to removal if there is illegal content? I was under the impression that sensitive or inappropriate content could be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Re: Sensitive Medical Information in a Review

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The terms under which reviews are removed are limited. They are detailed here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994?hl=en

If you want Google to review the review you can flag it by opening the review box, cursoring over the user name, setting the flag and then filling in the form. The chances of a take down are very slim given the nature of the review content.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Disagree with what? That google is unlikely to take down? 

He should report it as I suggested and maybe they will. Who knows. 

But they rarely take reviews down.

If he wants to pursue legal avenues he certainly is free to but that doesn't really change the current reality.