star_border

Searching for My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Howell Recycling LLC.

3038 County Road 205 North

903-392-8140

Google Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Howell+Recycling/@36.4327545,-93.4932401,5z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sho...

www.howellrecycling.com

I am trying to search for my company on google.com by typing in "scrap yard" and I can't find us in the results. Is there another verification I need to complete or perhaps a key word to place in our listing for searches such as that?

Searching for My Business

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jerron H

This question comes up a bit.

There are two possible cases here:

1. If your business listing has been verified and you search for your exact business name or phone number, your listing should appear.

2. If you search for a business category or keywords related to your business - or category, location (for example 'scrap yard North Henderson') your business listing may not appear. How Google determines which businesses appear in the second case is decided from over 200 factors, some of which (in the map display) may be weighted towards location.

This video from Google is a full explanation and covers some of the possible reasons in more detail: 

I can’t find my business on Google

Beyond this, exploring ways for your business to appear higher in the organic search results listings in Google is moving into the realm of SEO. If this is a requirement for your business, it might be worth discussing your options with an SEO professional in your area.

I hope this answers your query and is of some help.