AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Search Console Verification for *.business.site

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm testing out the business site in Google My Business. Is there a way to verify in search console? 

Thanks,

Kyle

SEO Bandwagon

107 Spring St., Suite 404

Seattle, WA 98104

206-659-9007

https://www.google.com/maps?cid=7762141793557731838&hl=en

https://seobandwagon.com/

UPDATE: Verified using Google Analytics. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same question. I've spent countless hours searching the community for an answer. I can't get my *.business.site added as a property on Search Console. I have added it as a property to Google Analytics, but when I go to my website, *.business.site, it states no tags found. Following the informational link indicates:

Add Google Analytics.

We have detected that there is no Google Analytics tracking code found on this page.
Failing to have Google Analytics tracking code on this page will prevent data from this particular page from associating to your Analytics account.
Solution: Ensure that you add the Google Analytics tracking code onto this page before the closing tag.

So now I'm perplexed as to how to reconcile since *.business.site only allows basic editing (photos, font, theme) and does not allow editing of code, file upload, or insertion of tags.  :/

Let me know if you find an answer. I'm desperate for one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It might be worth clearing your cache and cookies and trying again. The site may not have activated Google Analytics, or it may be cached without Google Analytics. Tough to say without looking at your site. 

I was able to verify my site with Google Analytics and it went the first time. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure how you managed to verify the .business.site, did you really???

There's no access to the Head section of the .business.site where you would usually add the UA Tracking Code or Global Site Tag snippet to enable you to verify or add a site to Google Search Console - this was also the case with the old version of Google.Sites 

Harry

Canna Pro UK

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perhaps @keepkalm is thinking of verified as when you claim a business as a business owner. Although I was not able to verify my .business.site in Google Analytics, my .business.site still shows the verified shield and check mark logo (which I assume means a verified/claimed business owner).  

Thankfully, my .business.site seems to be performing well based on the "Insights" data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

same question. would be nice to request a crawl like i could on my old "hostgator" driven site. but without access to embed a tag in the head, i can't seem to get my *.business.site to verify by any means.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

"business.site" ar not at all normal websites.

They are just a feature of  GoogleMyBusiness.

And as other GoogleMyBusiness features like posts or reviews you can't crawl  them and there is no need to crawl them in order  to get them indeexed as they are indexed  "per se"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I still have the same issue, after some search I found this uncompleted info by google:

"New Google Sites pages that you create should automatically appear and be verified in your Search Console account. If your site doesn't appear automatically on the Search Console home page, click Add a site. Your site will be verified automatically.

Older sites or sites with a custom domain URL should be verified using the HTML tag method.

Note that your site must be created using the same Google Account you use for Search Console."

The line as below:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35179?hl=en&vid=0-407800090631-1523977645176

I don't know what they means by: Add a site!!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Wasim M

Guessing  you  are confusing  Googles differnet products   "Google Sites" and  "business.site"(the latter belong to GooglmyBusiness) 

YOur  quoted  HC info referes to "Google Sites" rather  then "business.site"