AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

STILL need the "By Appointment Only" option

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see that many businesses have been asking for over a year to have a 'by appointment only' option on their listing, so I'm adding my voice to the chorus.

Appointments are vital for me, it's how I run my home-based farming business efficiently and safely. I'm able to show this on my website, but many people don't go to the website since the rest of our information is on the Google listing. And since customers don't know they need an appointment, they see the hours we're open and simply assume they can come by.

It's difficult to understand why this is a problem for Google. From my small-business perspective, it ought to be a non-issue and added as an option eons ago.

I love y'all, but good grief!  :-)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It has been a requested feature for the past 9 years, its just that this forum is new. 

I would suggest that Google is what Google does. For whatever reason they have chosen not to implement this feature. Whether they will at sometime we just don't know. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure if this fits in this discussion but we have a seasonal tourism business and we are closed at times while the listing still says 'OPEN TODAY 10am - 5pm and this is causing us grief with disgruntled customers turning up - somethimes from many kms distant. Is there any way to tweak the listing to reflect this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If your business has seasonal hours, use the following guidelines:

• During the season in which you’re open, set hours that reflect the current season’s opening hours. You may set special hours for holidays, temporary closures, or other events.
  • When your business is out of season, remove all opening hours, so they appear as unset. Set your opening hours again at the beginning of your next open season.

For more information read Joys' article: https://www.imprezziomarketing.com/google-business-adds-guidelines-seasonal-businesses/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On weekdays our showroom is open for pre-set hours.

On weekends, by appointment only.

Please, please, please....allow this option!!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Alec W

Google has heard this request many times and knows that a number of businesses need the feature. That being said, they have not added it. 

My suggestion would be to create a page on your website where someone could request an appointment and then link to it using Google Posts. In the post explain the situation.