4.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

SEO and GMB Name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there! I have a question regarding the name in GMB and the relation to SEO. Does it help if I name my restaurant (Gambareti) that is focused on Pizzas with this additional? So instead of calling it on GMB "Gambareti", I'd call it "Gambareti - Pizza"? Does that help SEO wise? Thanks for the support! Regard

1 Expert replyverified_user

SEO and GMB Name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@RacoonRacer

This would violating their guidelines.

YOu better choice is to use apprppriate categories

Re: SEO and GMB Name

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Helmut Geissler is exactly right: The Guidelines specifically state:

"Any additional information, when relevant, can be included in other sections of your business information (e.g., "Address", "Categories"). Adding unnecessary information to your name (e.g., "Google Inc. - Mountain View Corporate Headquarters" instead of "Google") by including marketing taglines, store codes, special characters, hours or closed/open status, phone numbers, website URLs, service/product information, location/address or directions, or containment information (e.g. "Chase ATM in Duane Reade") is not permitted."

If you decided to change your name to "Gambareti - Pizza" anyway your listing will probably get suspended and you won't be found on Google at all.

Don't do that!

SEO and GMB Name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you guys for the answers!

SEO and GMB Name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can do that it will definitely help you for SEO. You are providing a relevant keyword, its going to help you in SERPs.

SEO and GMB Name

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Mark W, no, It does not help if the page gets suspended. The relevant keyword can be provided in the category. For the organic listing he can use the keyword on his website.