Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

SEO Branded search vs. Local search listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

I was wondering on something that has bothered me a lot recently on GMB. Maybe you guys could help me out on this.

Our business has quite some local stores, so obviously we have made an awesome GMB listing for each of them.

Now GMB has more and more become a tool for connecting with customers. But since we have added listings for our Local stores, GMB is not visible anymore on the main Brand Search, unless the searcher is close to the physical location.

It would be perfect if we can connect our HQ to the main brand search to always show, unregarding the location of searchers. Anybody any tips or hints on this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Etienne v
July

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Type in McDonalds, what do you see? Starbucks? You'll notice two important pieces. 

First, the map that appears has A, B, and C showing instead of 1, 2 and 3. There are also no review stars appearing for any of the results. That's called a 'branded 3-pack', and it's what you can expect to see when you've got your campaign working properly. On the right hand side, you'll see a special knowledge panel as well. One with no reviews, and a Wikipedia excerpt, among other things. That's called a 'branded knowledge panel' not to be confused with a normal local knowledge panel, which will show with reviews and a map and contact information instead. 

You will not be able to rank your HQ for everyone like you asked about. You shouldn't even have a profile at all for your HQ unless it doubles as a genuine location that serves customers. Sounds like you should be attempting to get a branded knowledge panel appearing instead. I've never helped a client with that particular goal, but I do know that getting a wikipedia article about the business is a prerequisite. I also know it's non-trivial to make that happen, and isn't really even possible unless you have a pretty large amount of brand awareness already. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thanks for the extended answer! I did some research also and you're correct.
Though, I have to supplement your information. A specific branded search does indeed show the '3 brand pack' unless you are in the vicinity of one of the locations & it is the only location within a certain reach.

In my case I was referring to a business operating worldwide, but with some localities in a defined area of the world. So yeah, I was speaking sort of a knowledge graph; simply to use as a communication channel. But it seems that medium sized business fall by the wayside here :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Everything changes by location. If you're near only one Starbucks it'll show the knowledge panel, if you're near a few, it'll show the branded 3-pack, you're right. 

Sorry there's not a better solution for you at the moment, but things are always changing... who knows where things will be in a year or two. For now, if going for a branded knowledge panel isn't really in the cards for a company your size, then there's probably not a lot else to do right now, other than making sure the website shows well for searchers not near one of the branches. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

www.orangecabsbangalore.com

Airport taxi Bangalore

504/a Hari Nagar Srinidhi Layout 2nd cross road JP Nagar 8th phase Bangalore 560 062

Phone number:- 09739709480

Email:- nagendrak3521@gmail.com