AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews not showing up

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reviews not showing up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If they are not showing, then they have been filtered for some reason. You can ask the reviewers to check their account and reviews, to see if they have been flagged by Google, to modify and resubmit.

Some of the reasons a review is Filtered.

The person deleted the review

The person deleted their account

Other reasons:

URLs in reviews
The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
The person who wrote the review works for you
The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
All the people reviewing you are clicking on a link from an email signature
The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
You have literally no reviews anywhere else online but tons on Google
You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry

Regards,

Ben Fisher Google+ | Twitter | Steady Demand 

PS.

Help keep the forums clean, if you are satisfied with your help, please select the answer that helped you the most and mark the thread as resolved. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Reviews not showing up

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Ben

One statement on your list - "The same review appears elsewhere online" would a big change - this is definitely new.  Do you have a reference?  Since there is no way to link a Facebook, Google, and Yelp account, this seems like a huge hole.

For example, if a competitor had two or three very positive reviews on GMB, a business owner could simply post identical reviews Yelp and trigger a filtering action on GMB?  Or if a business owner had two or three negative reviews, they could trigger a filtering action by posting them elsewhere?  Of course, once GMB filtered the review, the identical reviews on the other sites could then be removed.

I haven't seen similar reviews trigger a GMB filtering action, and I've had some very in-depth conversations with the GMB team on filtering and it's never come up.  Do you have an example?

Re: Reviews not showing up

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Nice to meet you @Phillip B, in the case of this thread, I think that the employees being encouraged to leave reviews is one point against them. 

Re: same reviews elsewhere, I am not 100% sure if this is still a qualifier today, but I have talked to GMB team members in the past that said this could be a contributing cause. I agree it does not make a lot of sense, but then again Google does have a lot of experience fighting spam. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Reviews not showing up

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Phillip,

That list Ben is using is one I came up with a couple years ago when the review filter first happened and we were literally getting dozens of these cases on the forum. I think a lot of the other TCs use the same list in their responses. I don't know if it's still a factor but here is a recent case that makes me think it is.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Reviews not showing up

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yup that list was yours for sure Joy :) But I think it still makes sense.

What can be considered a duplicate, according to the guidelines :

• Copyrighted content: Don't post reviews that infringe others' rights - including copyright. For more information or to file a DMCA request, review our copyright procedures. (This can easily be seen as an infringement if the same content is for instance on Yelp, as user generated content is copyrighted material)

It is hard to not imagine that Google, checks the content of reviews against "trusted" sites and looks for duplicates. 

BTW @Allen L you need to change the business name to reflect the legal business name. Please change it from "Focus Medical Group-Suboxone Based Treatment" to Focus Medical Group.