Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews not being posted

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I posted a review to a business about 4 months ago.  I was told to log into my account before doing so.  When I look at the business, my comment

is not there.

Reviews not being posted

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
  • Hello @Rhonda B

This might have to do with Google filtering your reviews. @JoyHawkins put together this great list of reasons for reviews getting filtered:

• URLs in reviews
    • The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
    • The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
    • The person who wrote the review works for you
    • The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
    • The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
    • The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
    • You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
    • The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
    • The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
    • You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
    • You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
    • You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
    • Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.
    URLs in reviews
  • The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
  • The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
  • The person who wrote the review works for you
  • The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
  • The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
  • The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
  • You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
  • The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
  • The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
  • You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
  • You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
  • You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
  • Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.