AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews never show up

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi about a year ago I received two genuine reviews from two separate customers. I got notifications they were posted but for some reason they never showed up.

Afterwards I asked the customers to email me the review they posted and as far as I can tell they broke no guidelines and were good reviews.

One customer is active on Google Plus but the other isn't really.

I'm still baffled as to why they were filtered out and removed.

Since then I have actively told customers not to review me on Google Plus as it seems pointless if they are going to just get deleted anyway. I have also stopped using my page as this kind of ruined it for me.

Is there any hope in customers being able to review my business on Google Plus or is it a complete waste of time?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reviews never show up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Luke,

I'm refering to an old post about a same issue : https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/Reviews-Not-showing-up/td-p/509...

In my experience, I noticed businesses (ie. restaurants) asking to publish reviews directly from the place and through the same wifi network, which caused Google to consider reviews not to be genuine.

Hope this will help :-)
Matt

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I beleive Matt is spot on

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've read over as many posts as I could find and looked at all the guidelines yet I still couldn't come up with a reason as to why they would be blocked.

URLs in reviews - Only in one of the reviews
The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc) - No
The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page - No
The person who wrote the review works for you - No
The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing - No
The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews - No
The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10) - No
You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame - No
The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them) - No
The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review. - No
You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you - No
You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location - No
You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews. - No
Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry. - No

I have an international client base so both reviewers were actually from Australia. I'm based in England so could this have caused it for some reason?

One of the reviewers isn't particularly active on Google Plus and I think he signed off the review with a link to their website so I assume this was why that review got blocked. Although leaving the link in the review is actually kind of appropriate since I worked on their website so it's useful for other users to quickly view the site.

Either way the other review seemed perfectly ok.