Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews from the web

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

On my business page there are 3 "reviews from the web". one of them is of zomato which is reviews ratings do not reflect my business( their reviews are not of my business ) and doing much damage. I would like them to be removed from my page so maybe will have something else insted like yelp or timeout which reflect my true rating.

Please HELP

1 Expert replyverified_user

Reviews from the web

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You need to click on the Zomato link - and get with Zomato to fix.  What is the business listing?  Post the business name and city so we can try to duplicate.

Re: Reviews from the web

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thank you for replying.
The name of our business is EZ & Moss located in London.
It is very frustrating with zomato because the rate us low when all their so called ratings are false. You can see that with any other rated website our rating is high so if they can be removed and get someone else rating. Moreover this rating did not change for the past 3 years which suggests there is real engagement of customers with app.
I've contacted Zomato to let them know that all their reviews are not from our business or apart from one which was copied from a blog.(who rated us 5).
They said they are not going to do do anything.

We are glad to receive reviews from customers and we always strive to fix any problem if needed but their so many option apart from Zomato.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do from my side to remove them or if it can be done by google.
Many thanks
Alex & Nati

Sent from my iPhone

Reviews from the web

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

There is a  difference between reviews that are "not of your business" and reviews you disagree with.  These most definitely appear to be reviews and votes of your cafe on Holloway Rd.

Zomato has a strange and rather opaque scoring system - "Zomato uses a 5-point classroom-style grading model, where the distribution of scores in every city is normalized, resulting in ratings in each city being distributed over a normal curve. Additionally, a user’s credibility on Zomato – calculated by an algorithm based on the user’s activity – also affects how much their rating will affect a restaurant’s overall rating." 

So it's not surprising that your score has not changed much with the low number of reviews and votes you have on Zomato.  You would probably need a number of new (and unsolicited) reviews by credible users to move your score to a 4.

There is nothing in my opinion (remember, I'm a volunteer who comments here, not a Google employee or Zomato employee - but I do spend a lot of time on the technical side of reputation management) to indicate that the reviews are for another business.  These all seem to be about your actual location.  So there is no grounds to have them challenged with Zomato.

That said - you really need to give your customers more credit.  You have good overall reviews, even good actual reviews on the Zomato site.  I honestly doubt that this single average-level score his affecting your foot traffic.  

You might consider creating a regular website rather than depending on Twitter as your homepage to help with your findability, act as a landing page for some paid search, and as a place to highlight the reviews that you think best reflect your business.  

FYI - Yelp does not allow Google to use its ratings.

Re: Reviews from the web

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping we could switch zomato with trip adviser or timeout which their customers do rate us more frequently . And as for Zomato . Their reviews describing our interior shop are with no resemblance to ours which made me think this is all fake reviews.

Any way thank you for your reply. At least now I know their is nothing I can do about it.

Regards
Nati

Sent from my iPhone

Reviews from the web

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

If its any consolation, I am now seeing reviews from Facebook, Happy Cow, and Foursquare - lets hope that continues!