AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews from the Web

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Rajat.  I currently have 3 snippets linked to my Google Business Page.  2 of the 3 are very old...reviews are 2-3 years old with none being from the current year.  I want to switch those 2 out with other review sites that have more current reviews.  Is this possible and where do I find a guide to complete the task?  I'm not a techie:(

here is my listing...https://goo.gl/maps/J7SSrKxZyLP2

my goal is to remove Foursquare and BeerAdvocate with Yelp.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chad H
September

Reviews from the Web

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Chad,

I've seen your business's knowledge graph and found reviews on "Foresquare" & "BeerAdvice" are coming which are really very old. Now you want to replace these websites with other ones, right? Ok, so you do one thing, you first analyse and decide which 2-3 websites you want to showcase in your knowledge graph. Now, create or check if you've your business profile on these websites or not. If not then create it and then get your customers put their reviews on these profiles.

note: Your business profile on these websites must be completed with all options be correctly filled. Also, choose your websites wisely- you can analyse which websites are coming under your competitor's knowledge graph, or which websites provide the most relevant category for your business.

Google shows latest reviews in knowledge graph, so only by this way you can replace old reviews with latest ones.

Below is an important thread related to the 3rd part reviews on knowledge graph-

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/3rd-Party-Reviews-Appear-on-Kno...

Hope this'll solve your issue.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Re: Reviews from the Web

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chad H

Google populates the "reviews from around the web" as it the program sees fit.

You can, however encourage Google to include other sites - but this does get technical...

The starting point is here: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/social-profile-links

This doesn't look like a straightforward connection, and it's not meant to.  This is where it comes down to "we can only encourage".  

That said, You'll  notice in those social sites that "Yelp" is not included.  I am of the understanding this is a Yelp limitation, not a Google one. 

If you see a listing with Yelp in the "reviews around the web" section, could you post back so I can investigate?  I haven't seen any I can recall.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chad H
September

Reviews from the Web

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Chad,

I've seen your business's knowledge graph and found reviews on "Foresquare" & "BeerAdvice" are coming which are really very old. Now you want to replace these websites with other ones, right? Ok, so you do one thing, you first analyse and decide which 2-3 websites you want to showcase in your knowledge graph. Now, create or check if you've your business profile on these websites or not. If not then create it and then get your customers put their reviews on these profiles.

note: Your business profile on these websites must be completed with all options be correctly filled. Also, choose your websites wisely- you can analyse which websites are coming under your competitor's knowledge graph, or which websites provide the most relevant category for your business.

Google shows latest reviews in knowledge graph, so only by this way you can replace old reviews with latest ones.

Below is an important thread related to the 3rd part reviews on knowledge graph-

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/3rd-Party-Reviews-Appear-on-Kno...

Hope this'll solve your issue.

Thanks.

Reviews from the Web

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!  This was very helpful.