Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Reviews from Non-Google users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way for clients to leave reviews without creating a gmail account?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Just to be 100% clear here - 

@Jennifer C, yes it is possible for users to leave a review without a Gmail account, BUT they do need a Google account.

It is possible to create a Google account with a normal email address (not a gmail one) :)

View solution in original post

All Replies

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

No, not on Google. 

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
April

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Just to be 100% clear here - 

@Jennifer C, yes it is possible for users to leave a review without a Gmail account, BUT they do need a Google account.

It is possible to create a Google account with a normal email address (not a gmail one) :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks for adding that, Mark. I agree completely and my answer should have reflected that (I must have read the question as "a google account" in my mind). :) All reviews on Google require being logging in to a Google account to leave a review, which is standard for really all credible review systems (Google, Facebook, Yelp, BBB, ect.). 

Cheers,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google requires Reviews to have credibility traces. There is a way to create a Google profile with your current email account. Have your prefered email ready and go to https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail?hl=en to sign up with any other service provider.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I remove reviews that are from non-user or made up user ids that harm my business or are incorrect such as a disgruntled employee trying to make me look bad?

Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens