AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews Not Displaying

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I asked a few people if they minded leaving reviews about Anchorspace. They have but none of the reviews are showing up. All these people are legitimate (I know, everyone says that I'm sure). What can I do to help verify?

Thanks for your help! We're a new coworking space so the visibility is important (and we do have a fair bit of people in and out) Also giving a GYBO seminar next week and want my pages to be in order so I can show people what they should look like. :) 

Nicole

Business Name: Anchorspace, 337 Main Street, Bar Harbor ME 04609, 207-812-0285

https://business.google.com/u/0/b/105729621283481916278/dashboard/l/17828109808208606057?hl=en

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicole O
January 2016

Re: Reviews Not Displaying

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If they were in the same location IP, that probably triggered it. Ask them to review from their home computer.

( same ip / wifi , is considered as a review kiosk of sorts )

They can log in to their account and go to reviews, it should still be there marked in RED, they can resubmit.

You can contact business support:

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nicole O

Reviews all left in a short space of time could have triggered the spam filter. 

Other things may be:

URLs in reviews
The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates 
You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
All the people reviewing you are clicking on a link from an email signature
The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
You have literally no reviews anywhere else online but tons on Google
Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So two reviews are from this summer and three in December. I am in a coworking space with WiFi so it could be a couple of them were over my same IP address. I shared the link on social media to the review section. Only one of them is a seemingly blank G+ profile. I have one Yelp review (most people use Google) and TripAdvisor won't have me because I coworking space doesn't fit into their idea of a hospitality business. In other words, I would get why maybe one or two may be flagged but it doesn't make sense to me that none of them show?

Can I take this anywhere, like appeal it to Google? Thanks for your response, Tim. Just annoying when I follow the rules (ie not having a review kiosk, etc.) and it still doesn't seem to work...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicole O
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If they were in the same location IP, that probably triggered it. Ask them to review from their home computer.

( same ip / wifi , is considered as a review kiosk of sorts )

They can log in to their account and go to reviews, it should still be there marked in RED, they can resubmit.

You can contact business support:

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow