My Business
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews Disappeared. If I am verified on My Business, Can't I have them also on my website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a verified google my business, Chris Whalen, CPA, with a website shown as chriswhalencpa.com. Recently I revamped my website, including a testimonials / reviews page and I wanted to mirror my google reviews there as well. I was told that having a verified business with google, reflecting the correct website, would stop google from believing there were duplicate reviews out there and so stop them from removing the duplicates on Google..

But in the past 3 day since launch, I placed 14 of my reviews on my website and all them have been removed from Google, 116 down to 102. Am I correct to think that this should not have happened? Having a verified business on Google My Business?

Thanks so much for your time. I didn't know where else to turn.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Reviews Disappeared. If I am verified on My Business, Can't I have them also on my website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a verified google my business, Chris Whalen, CPA, with a website shown as chriswhalencpa.com. Recently I revamped my website, including a testimonials / reviews page and I wanted to mirror my google reviews there as well. I was told that having a verified business with google, reflecting the correct website, would stop google from believing there were duplicate reviews out there and so stop them from removing the duplicates on Google..

But in the past 3 day since launch, I placed 14 of my reviews on my website and all them have been removed from Google, 116 down to 102. Am I correct to think that this should not have happened? Having a verified business on Google My Business?

Thanks so much for your time. I didn't know where else to turn.

Re: Reviews Disappeared. If I am verified on My Business, Can't I have them also on my website?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I have heard similar cases where reviews disappeared off Google because
they appeared elsewhere on the web. I would suggest removing them from your
site. Instead I would link to your listing inviting people to read them on
Google.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Re: Reviews Disappeared. If I am verified on My Business, Can't I have them also on my website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Joy,

Thanks for your quick response. But am I right in assuming that having a verified Google My Business which reflects my website should stop this from happening? I have many clients with the same situation and they have never had a bonafide review removed.

Or does having a verified google business not help at all?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

If your reviews got filtered it has nothing to do with your page being verified or not.  

Based on cases I've looked at, here is what I've come up with for reasons why reviews go missing:

• URLs in reviews

• The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)

• The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page

• The person who wrote the review works for you

• The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing

• The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews

• The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)

• You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame

• The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)

• The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.

• You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you

• You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location

• You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.

• Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Joy. A google rep did call me back yesterday and she confirmed that having a verfied business and using my website address, should then NOT make google believe there are duplicates. She said, and hopefully she was truthful, and she sounded very sharp, that my fourteen reviews would be back.. and already I have been increased by 7. She said many people have had this problem and they are working on it. Again, she was from Google and called me back in response to an email I sent them.

So, before I got off the phone, I verified again exactly my situation and that Google will allow without believing there are duplices. Mainly, my main website, www.chriswhalencpa.com, is listed in my verified business page, and therefore reviews that repost there on a testimonials page will NOT be flagged as duplicates.

Hopefully she is correct.

Thanks so much Joy.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Well that's good if they told you they are coming back!  

Owner of Sterling Sky
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris W
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Chris,

Just curious, did the reviews end up coming back?

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭