AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Review from customer nowhere to be found

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

VoyageurWeb_Review_screenshot.pngA client, very kindly, wrote a review for us on Google - she even sent us a screenshot to show the review.

But when we search for "VoyageurWeb" - though we see our business listing, no review shows.  

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 4.13.03 PM.png

When I login to manage our business account, shows no reviews there also.

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 4.12.25 PM.png

Is there something else she needs to do or that we need to do to get her review to show?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Review from customer nowhere to be found

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yvonne

Unfortunately it looks like the review has either been deleted by the customer or removed by Google's algorithm.

If the customer has deleted the review, then she can simply re-write it if she wishes. However, if it has been automatically removed then adding it again may not work.

If Kathy is able to see the review still in her account and can provide a screenshot here (or via you) then it may help work out why the review was automatically removed.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not able to upload screenshots - whenever I add a Photo, it looks great until I click Post then it says that the images are "invalid html" and i"m stuck.

First screenshot shows what I posted already - that she sees her own review when she searches for "voyageurweb" on Google.

Second screenshot shows her review - which says:

"Amazing website developer!  A+!!  This company did what other website developers said couldn't be done, they linked my website www.FiveStarRealtyPros.com to both Zillow and Trulia.  They made my new website exactly what I wanted it to be, user-friendly, mobile-friendly and very easy to navigate.  I highly recommend VoyageurWeb!  Top notch company!!

Kathy Hanson, Broker/Owner Five Star Realty Pros LLC of Windom, MN"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Yvonne C I hope @PriyaC will agree with me chiming in here.

But the quoted review clearly explains the reason why the reveiw in question got filtered.

In contains this "...website www.FiveStarRealtyPros.com ...

But any kind of links and URLs are forbidden inside of reviews and owner responses to reviws.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

No problems at all @Helmut Geissler - I had the same thought as you regarding the URL.

@Yvonne C - try deleting the review and then creating a new one without the URL in it. That should work hopefully.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog