2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Review dissappeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business name is Angela Woolridge Portrait at 647 Hill Road N, Pickerington OH 43147

My phone is 614-745-4710

Google Map URL is:   https://www.google.com/maps/place/Angela+Woolridge+Portrait/@39.8981851,-82.7696619,17z/data=!3m1!4b...

Website is: http://www.angelawoolridge.com/

My most recent review last week suddenly disappeared. The rest are there, but this was a fantastic review from a very happy client. Why is it gone now? How do I get it back? It is a legitimate review. She never removed it. Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Review dissappeared

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It is likely possible your reviews got filtered or removed for violating Google's review policies. Here are some reasons why reviews go missing:

• URLs in reviews
  • The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
  • The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
  • The person who wrote the review works for you
  • The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
  • The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
  • The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
  • You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
  • The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
  • The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
  • You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
  • You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
  • You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
  • Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

These are most of the reasons a review could get filtered. 

If you feel that the possible reviews are indeed accurate then 

I would call Google about this. You can also reach out to support via Twitter.

Please try those avenues and see if they can resolve your issue. 

If they cannot, please come back to this thread with a case ID and we can escalate the issue from there. 

--

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Re: Review dissappeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there!

My review was real, I know which client wrote it, and none of the above reasons apply. My business depends a lot on these reviews, because a lot of my clients don't want me to share their images publicly due to the genre of photography that I shoot.

Google no longer has contact phone number listed so this is my only hope. Can you help me?

Angela Woolridge

Sent from my iPhone

Review dissappeared

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Angela W Can you supply me the the name of the reviewer in question along with their G+ profile link - if they have one, I may be able to get this reviewed. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO