AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Review Updates - Are they working and where do they come from?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all.

I have a handful of businesses within my account, and I often check for updates to review. However, I have a couple of regular issues.

1 - Some businesses permanently have updates to review. I click on review updates, look down the list and see no changes, click submit at the bottom (or accept all at the top) and nothing happens. I can refresh the page and the review updates are still there. Does this mean there is an update I cannot see, or are they not saving?

2 - In one business, a beauty salon, I am constantly shown an update that says they offer hair colourings. They do not, and no matter how many times I de-select it, I keep getting it back. I have the same issue with other businesses.

Should I be concerned about any of this?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel M
March

Re: Review Updates - Are they working and where do they come from?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tim M

If they took the images, their is no way Google will access a phone then steal images.

It is more likely to do with Maps App. If you take photos the maps app will ASK you if you want to add these to the location. That or they posted to a G+ post and tagged in the business location.

Those are the only 2 ways, but they have to be added by a human - Google will never access private phones and take images.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Daniel M

You hit the nail on the head, these constant updates tend to be from attributes.

The real pain is that a lot of them come from "customers" answering questions via push notification on maps. So if a customer or two, just said yes to hair colorings then Google tries to add it .... repeatedly.

No you don't need to be concerned about these and unticking them and hopefully Google will improve the way businesses have a bit more control over knowing what they do and don't provide.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cheers, Tim.

I must admit, as much as I respect the way Google tries to give customers a fair and genuine experience of businesses, things like this cause problems.

I have another listing that suffers from customer photos being added. It is a pub, and photos that people took in the pub have been added alongside the listing without their knowledge. I have spoken to some of these customers and they are unable to remove the images - often embarrassing or not a true reflection of the business. I have flagged many of them but they are still there.

Cheers. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel M
March

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tim M

If they took the images, their is no way Google will access a phone then steal images.

It is more likely to do with Maps App. If you take photos the maps app will ASK you if you want to add these to the location. That or they posted to a G+ post and tagged in the business location.

Those are the only 2 ways, but they have to be added by a human - Google will never access private phones and take images.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Tim. How can they be removed?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

User images cant be removed in the dashboard. You have to report the image.

Click on the 3 x dots next to the up-loaders name and then select report