1) Full Business Name: Tony's Pizza

2) Current Business Address:

32 Windward Dr.

Fishersville, VA 22939

3) Current Telephone #: 540-943-9493

4) Google Maps URL: Link

5) Website: https://www.mytonyspizza.com/

Hi folks,

Google is generating a menu for our client's restaurant that does not belong to them. This is causing them problems because it is showing incorrect items and prices.

We can't figure out where it is pulling the data from. It only seems to show up on mobile and when it shows up there, it links directly to a menu within Google.

I've been trying to contact Google about this but when you go to the page where you get support, there's no option for discussing menu items and when we select "Other" it simply tells us some other support topics but it doesn't give us the option to actually talk to anybody.

Can somebody please assist? We've spent a lot of time researching this without any success.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Restaurant menu is wrong on Knowledge Panel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The menu onebox is powered by at least two sites: single platform and locu (now, part of godaddy). 

You'll want to update your menu in those locations so that Google can ingest the menu in the structured form it needs to power the onebox. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any efforts to get this structured data directly from the business owner. However, schema might come up with something for menus in the future. 

I'd be interested to hear your experience on trying to update these sites. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Note that urbanspoon appears to be providing menus too. Ultimately, you'll want to choose the one easiest for you to update, but each menu providers will update Google at their own frequency. Google should be choosing the most recently updated menu (as given to them from the provider). If you update urbanspoon today, and single platform in two days, but urbanspoon sends its data three weeks later and single platform sends its data immediately, Google will likely think urbanspoon's menu for your business is "newer".

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It looks like Urbanspoon was purchased by Zomato two years ago and shutdown.

Do you know if we can add the menu to Zomato instead and it will be added?

This is a poor user experience from Google. I'd have to force my clients to buy a menu on Locu or Single Platform just to be able to fix a menu that isn't right to begin with.