Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Restaurant Menu Editor No Longer Appearing

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone. Last month we activated our menus through GMB for a few restaurants and needed to publish some updates to it this month. On 7 of the 8 locations we did this for, we were able to re-access the feature but on one of them, we cannot get the option to appear in the "info" section of GMB to publish an update.... all of the business information is accurate and no pending updates are present in the dashboard. Is there any known resolution out there for this? Anyone else having the same issue? 

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 8.46.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 8.45.06 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evan O
May

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Glad to hear @Evan O

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Evan O are the primary GMB categories the same on all of the eight locations? Does the listing with the missing section have a different category by any chance?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They are all identical. All have same category, only 1 of the 8 doesn't have the option to edit the menu anymore. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Evan O I'll escalate this to Google for you. I'll circle back as soon as I have a fix or if  need more information. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Evan O can you share a screenshot of one that still has the menu and the one that doesn't?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there an easy way to upload a screenshot here? I posted the one which does not have the menu editor in my original post, I don't see an option to upload a screenshot in this reply with one that does have it. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I added the second screenshot to my original post... one shows the option to edit the menu, the other doesn't. Keep in mind that the location which doesn't have the option to edit it, originally did have it and we published the menu through that feature which is still appearing in the search results. GMB phone support says to just update the menu on our website and it'll magically update on GMB, which is not the case since the menu is from a PDF, not an HTML source... they were extremely unhelpful. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Google looked into this and they can see on their end that you should be able to edit the menu option since the edit link in the account does display.

"I noticed that the screenshot is one month old; is the user still experiencing this issue with the location at 8000 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40291? If yes, would it be possible to get a new/current timestamped screenshot from the user so that we can troubleshoot this? "

Thanks @Evan O
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Looks like it's been fixed finally, appreciate your support. Finally can edit it... as of the time I posted this thread, we were still having the issue. Either way, it only took 7 weeks, not bad for GMB support :) 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evan O
May

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Glad to hear @Evan O