AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Responses to reviews disappearing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I respond to reviews on a weekly basis, and this week it appears that all the responses I posted last week have disappeared. After seeing the first instance of this, I thought I had just missed one last week. But I have a dozen businesses and it turns out that's the case with all of them. Should I re-respond to them all (there are quite a few!) or wait for last week's responses to somehow magically re-appear?

Re: Responses to reviews disappearing?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Diana,

I am sorry you are having this issue. This is one of the first times I have heard about this happening. They may in fact come back but to avoid waiting in limbo I would suggest contacting MyBusiness Support to see if they can get to the bottom of it. Also make sure your responses adhere to Google'a guidelines as well.

https://support.google.com/business/topic/6093805?hl=en&ref_topic=6001271

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Did you see the review response actually show up live, and then later disappear? Or did you type in your review, hit post, saw the 'replied!' message, and then just assume it posted? There was a bug in the system two weeks ago where a lot of business owners weren't able to respond to reviews. The bug has since been fixed. The nature of the bug though, is that the review you posted was never saved into the system in the first place, so there's nothing to 'reappear'. 

Here's a link to one of the threads relating to this. You'll see the time frame lines up with your issues. Since it was a problem across the board with Google, it's no surprise you were seeing it on all your businesses. 

Post a new response, then refresh the page and verify it actually saved and posted. If it does and it's working fine for you, then yes, you'll need to re-respond to all those reviews unfortunately. If it's still not working for some reason, come back here and we'll see what we can figure out. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand, however I posted my first response on 07/01/17 and tried again today 07/13/17. I have a fake review that I cannot respond to or remove!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Can you post a new thread, instead of continuing this old one? 

When you post, include your business name, address, phone number, and a screenshot or description of what happens when you try to post a response. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just discovered the same issue with all of my responses. Weeks of work lost.